Published on July 30th, 2015 | by Joe Dunne0
Publisher’ Letter – August 2015
The information you see below on Bill 1599 was taken from a flyer I received from Dean’s Market. Checking it further I researched and found this bill has passed the House and is on its way to our Senators. I read the bill summary and although confusing it does support the flyer information. If you feel as strongly about food labeling as we do, please review the information at www.govtrack.us. Then contact your NJ Senator with your thoughts, and ask them for their thoughts.
Our State Senators are Corey Booker and Robert Menendez. You can find them both at Senate.gov.
If passed, the DARK Act will:
- Preempt all states from GMO labeling efforts and regulating GMO crop production
- Prevent the Food and Drug Administration to ever require mandatory labeling
- Outlaw the Non-GMO Project in favor of a label program by the USDA
- Allow GMOs in so-called “natural” foods
- Benefit the interests of Monsanto, Big Food and other affiliates despite that 90% of Americans support a mandatory labeling law.
In peace and love,