Published on October 3rd, 2016 | by Publisher, Natural Awakenings Central New Jersey0
Change is Upon Us
I was pondering what to write this month and with the changing of the seasons and fall upon us I thought “let’s write about change.” So much material is there. The one constant that is hard for some to accept is change. For others it is exciting. There is good change, necessary change and of course the changes you never expected or wanted.
But here is what happened, I have been re-reading “Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff, and It’s All Small Stuff” by Richard Carlson, Ph.D., and happened to notice how many chapters there were in this very small book.
100. Since this book is really all about perspective, cognitive behavior change, and change in general I thought I would just list some of them and let you ponder change. Some I know are obvious things you have come across in life, but revisiting my thoughts has merit for me.
- Make Peace With Imperfection
- Remind Yourself That When You Die, Your “In Basket” Won’t Be Empty.
- Do Something Nice For Someone Else-And Don Tell Anyone About It.
- Let Others Have The Glory
- Let Others Be Right Most Of The Time
- Ask Yourself The Question “Will This Matter A Year From Now.
- Repeat To Yourself “Life Isn’t An Emergency” (My Favorite).
- Seek First To Understand
- Lighten Up
- Fill Your Life With Love
- Mind Your Own Business
- Trust Your Intuitive Heart
Mostly, personal growth is about developing a really good set of reminders, which ultimately leads to change. I hope you find a few in the list to add to your reminders.
In peace, love and laughter,