Published on February 1st, 2017 | by Publisher, Natural Awakenings Central New Jersey0
Recipe: Coconut Lime Salmon with Vegetables
4 6 oz. salmon filets
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
2 zucchini, chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
2 limes, for 2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes [add more for kick]
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk from a can
2 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- Chop onion and cilantro.
- Cut pepper.
- Juice lime.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon filets skin side up and sear filets until they remove easily from the skillet, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- To sauté pan, add onion and cook until soft.
- Add pepper, zucchini, broth, lime juice, cilantro, and chili flakes to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and coconut aminos and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Return salmon to skillet and nestle into vegetables. Simmer until fillets are completely cooked through – about another 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped spinach to skillet and cover for a few minutes until softened.
- Serve with extra lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy Living Plate Nutrition Education and Counseling Center.