Published on July 26th, 2017 | by Living Plate Nutrition0
Recipes courtisey of Living Plate. Visit at LivingPlate.com. See ad on page 35.
- 2 hothouse cucumbers, seeded and chopped but not peeled
- 3 red peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
- 8 tomatoes, mixed heirloom, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pushed through garlic press
- 6 cup quality tomato juice
- ½ cup sherry vinegar
- ½ cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Roughly chop cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic.
- Run each vegetable through food processor until finely chopped but not pureed. After each vegetable is processed, place in a large bowl and mix in balance of ingredients.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Puree ½ of the soup and add back to bowl. Ladle into bowls and finish with some fresh herbs before serving.
Note: Fresh tomatoes can be used in place of tomato juice. Place about 6 tomatoes in blender and process until smooth. Pass through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove seeds and skins.