Published on July 26th, 2017 | by Living Plate Nutrition0
ROASTED CARROTS WITH TAHINI DRESSING
Recipes courtisey of Living Plate. Visit at LivingPlate.com. See ad on page 35.
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled if desired
and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Parchment paper
- ¼ c. tahini [sesame seed paste]
- 1 garlic clove [small], crushed
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese [see notes]
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ¼ c. warm water [plus more if needed]
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs. pumpkin seeds, raw
- 1. Peel [if desired] and slice carrots.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3. Juice lemon.
- 4. Chop cilantro.
- Toss carrots with olive oil, salt and spices. Place carrots on parchment-lined baking sheets, making sure they are spaced apart.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until soft and slightly browned.
- Whisk together tahini, garlic, 4 Tbs. lemon juice, and nutritional yeast or cheese. Add olive oil and water, adding more water if needed to thin.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- When carrots are done, remove from oven and place on plate.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with cilantro and pumpkin seeds.