Published on March 1st, 2018 | by Natural Awakenings Publishing Corp.0
- Always use organic seeds. SproutHouse.com and Rareseeds.com are additional sources.
- Seeds sprout in water or soil. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Practice good hygiene to avoid bacteria. Rinse seeds several times a day to prevent mold. Once the sprouts show a bit of green, dry them to remove excess moisture before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for up to a week for peak freshness, but no longer. Use a mix of seeds or one kind at a time. Discard any seeds that don’t sprout with the rest.
- Sunflower seeds produce a particularly high volume of sprouts.